He believed you can apply this philosophy to both your work life and your personal life to achieve success. Not only was Zig a motivator, but he was also a great teacher. He never promised anything without giving a plan to make it happen.
His distinguished career was marked by many awards, honors and recognition. He has received 3 honorary degrees. in 1985 he was given an Honorary Doctor of Law, Criswell Center for Biblical Studies, in 1995 Honorary Doctor of Humanities, Oklahoma Christian University of Science and Arts and in 1998 Honorary Doctor of Letters Degree for Contribution to Literature on Human Potential, Southern Nazarene University. At Southern Nazarene University there is a Zig Ziglar Center for Ethical Leadership.
People responded to his message of hope and how-to by changing their lives for the better. Today, even though Zig has passed away, his teachings are still giving life-changing principles to people all around the globe.
Here are some of his quotes:
“Many marriages would be better if the husband and the wife clearly understood that they are on the same side.”
“You are what you are and where you are because of what has gone into your mind. You can change what you are and where you are by changing what goes into your mind.”
“Don’t be distracted by criticism. Remember, the only taste of success some people have is when they take a bite out of you.”
“We all need a check–up from the neck up to avoid stinkin’ thinkin’ which ultimately leads to hardening of the attitudes.”
“Look back in forgiveness, forward in hope, down in compassion and up with gratitude.”
“What you get by achieving your goals is not nearly as important as what you become by achieving your goals.”Zig Ziglar
- Biscuits, Fleas and Pump Handles is re-titled See You at the Top.
- PMA Rallies begin; Zig Ziglar begins speaking to audiences of thousands on platforms with Paul Harvey, Art Linkletter, Dr. Norman Vincent Peale, Dr. Robert Schuller and other noted speakers.
- We Believe, Inc., becomes The Zig Ziglar Corporation; The Richer Life Course and I CAN curriculum are developed.
- Customized books/programs developed for Pure Water, Ams/Oil, National Safety Associates.
- The Richer Life Course is re-titled “Born to Win” and expanded.
- Zig Ziglar’s Secrets of Closing the Sale released.
- Zig Ziglar’s Top Performance released.
- New corporate training programs added, including “Let’s Make Friends and Not Lose Customers,” “Sell by Design, Not by Chance,” “Improving People and Performance,” “Effective Business Presentations,” “See You at the Top,” and “Secrets of Successful Selling.”
- Zig Ziglar’s Ziglar on Selling released; Ziglar establishes a new client, Peter Lowe, and begins speaking at his success seminars, developing into an enduring relationship lasting over 20 years.
- Zig Ziglar re-records the “How to Stay Motivated” audio for three six-tape albums at the Meyerson Symphony Center in Dallas.
- Zig Ziglar’s Over the Top is released; The “Ziglar Development System” (ZDS) product group is launched; “I CAN” is revised and a beginner’s course is published.
- Customized training programs for Waste Management and U. S. Navy developed.
- Tom Ziglar is named President and Chief Executive Officer of The Zig Ziglar Corporation; three new core programs are released – “Strategies for Success,” “Selling!” and “Customer Service.”
- Three new training programs released – “Ziglar Certified Selling,” “Ziglar Business Solutions,” and “Coaching to Change Lives”; “Ziggets” modular training series developed and introduced.
- Zig Ziglar’s Success for Dummies and Confessions of a Grieving Christian released. See You at the Top undergoes revision and is published as The 25th Anniversary Edition, the 58th printing, having sold more than 1,600,000 copies in over 15 languages; Zig Ziglar’s Staying Up, Up, Up in a Down, Down World is released.
- Customized training programs for Sunterra, Snap On Tools, developed.
- Zig Ziglar awarded Sales & Marketing Executives Marketing Leadership Award; National Speakers Association Master of Influence Award; Toastmasters International Golden Gavel Award.
- Zig Ziglar’s autobiography, Zig, is released.
- Zig Ziglar releases two book revisions: Top Performance with Bryan Flanagan and Krish Dhanam and Secrets of Closing the Sale; and two new titles,Life Lifters and Selling 101.
- Ziglar Training Systems creates their first DVD and CD product, “A Conversation on Character”; “Strategies for Success” is rewritten; the “TRUST Selling” program is renamed “Ziglar Sales System”; Ziglar Training Worldwide launched.
- Customized training programs for Curves developed.
- Zig Ziglar receives Cavett Award from National Speakers Association; Silver Buffalo Award from Boy Scouts of America.
- Zig Ziglar’s 25th book, Better Than Good, is released; Ziglar, Inc., lands major customized program contract with Army Reserves National Guard.
- Zig Ziglar’s 26th book, God’s Way is Still the Best Way, released.
- Ziglar VIP is developed, an online corporate assessment and gap analysis tool and follow-up reinforcement training program; Zig Ziglar Center for Ethical Leadership established at Southern Nazarene University in Bethany, Oklahoma.
- Ziglar creates an online membership program, Success 2.0, and begins broadcasting live training via the Internet; Zig Ziglar Servant Leadership Award established by Prestonwood Foundation/Prestonwood Christian Academy.
- Zig Ziglar’s Embrace the Struggle released.
- Pick Four, an updated version of Ziglar’s legendary Performance Planner, is curated by Seth Godin and released by The Domino Project.
- 2012 Zig’s final book Born to Win was published.
- November 2012 Zig Ziglar went to be with the Lord.